5 Reasons Why Customers Want an Independent Agent
You’ve seen the advertisements online and on TV. You’ve heard the claims.
It only takes a few minutes of your time to save hundreds of dollars on insurance premiums.
Is there any truth to this claim? In many cases, it’s shown that the insurance from these businesses often leads to customers receiving a drop in premium costs. This claim has been backed up by several testimonials and real numbers.
Results like these are attractive to consumers. Why refuse a good deal?
With every pitch, there’s a catch; a drop in premium is a drop in coverage.
You pay less for your premiums because there’s less coverage to protect you. Over the long haul, it becomes increasingly dangerous to stand by a plan without adequate coverage. Finding the right coverage takes research, and not all of us have the time to critically compare policies.
When clients work with an independent insurance agent in Texas, they have a new opportunity to explore all of their insurance options—not just the ones from the commercial.
Prioritizing your needs over bringing value to one company is what clients love most about working with independent insurance agents.
While a customer may save 15 percent on their insurance in 15 minutes, learn why many Americans still prefer to work with independent agents over a sole insurer.
How Independent Insurance Agents Differ From the Pack
Investopedia defines independent agents as professionals that sell insurance policies provided by multiple insurance companies. The agent receives commissions for those policies that they sell, but they are not an actual employee of the insurer.
This allows them more leeway when negotiating policy terms and finding custom solutions for their clients. Their priority is matching you with the best company for your needs, not vice versa.
Captive agents, on the other hand, are those that work for a single insurance company. They only show policies and options from that particular insurer and do not branch out.
5 Reasons Clients Prefer To Work with Independent Insurance Agents
If you’re an independent agent, you are your client’s best friend when it comes to securing insurance. You’ll work closely with your customers and always have their best interests in mind.
Here are five solid reasons why clients prefer to work with an independent agent over a captive agent:
- More Choices: We live in an age where consumers want to see all of their options before they buy. The same goes for insurance. Independent agents represent numerous insurance companies, which means clients have more choices regarding what insurance company holds their policy. Independent insurance agents can help their clients find better value for the dollar, and they do the shopping around – while the customer enjoys the savings.
- Local Knowledge: Captive agents are often working in one state while selling insurance for another. They have no knowledge about the community. As a resident, a customer wants an agent that knows the risks for the area and can protect their assets. For example, a local agent is more likely to know about flood-prone areas here in Texas – even if that area was not designated as a flood zone nationally.
- Customers Prefer to One-Stop Shop: When working with an independent insurance agency, customers take advantage of one-stop shopping. They can get policies for all of their investments, including recreational vehicles, automobiles, retirement, home, renter’s policies, and more.
- Consultants for a Lifetime: The internet has made life rather impersonal, but many customers still crave that personal touch. They prefer to use independent agents because they know that they have someone constantly reviewing their policies and looking out for them. They have a representative ready to assist them any time circumstances change, whether it is renting a new place, buying a home or even starting a business.
- Saving Money While Receiving Proper Coverage – Insurance companies attempt to reel in customers by promising lower rates, but with those lower rates comes less coverage. Customers enjoy working with independent agents because they can still receive lower rates without sacrificing the quality of coverage.
Becoming the Best Licensed Insurance Agent Possible – It Does Take Work
Not all independent agents are created the same. Each has their own list of insurers that they can access and many come from different learning backgrounds. Depending on their training and network, some agents find more success than others in their field.
If you want to make a difference and help clients with their insurance needs – all while growing a successful business – you need to become a licensed independent insurance agent and advisor. You can do this with Eagle.
As a reputable agency, the satisfaction of our clients is the cornerstone of our success. Get started on your new career path by making a quick call to Eagle Independent Insurance Agency today at 214-462-3344.
Comments are closed